RFID-1356 Trainer is an high performance learning and training system for
understanding basics, working and application of RFID (Radio Frequency
Identification) in the school or laboratories.
It comprises of Contactless RFID Reader, 5 Contactless RFID Cards, Host program,
Firmware source and Texbook for lectures.
Using this trainer, a professor can teach students the RFID technologies
including Anti-collision algorithm.
Contactless RFID Reader operating at 13.56 MHz over 10cm range.
Supports for ISO15693 passive Transponders(Tags).
Supports for ISO15693 Mandatory and Optional comannds.
Supports for Anti-collision operations.(detects multiple Tags simultaneously)
Provided with Textbook for lessons.
Provided with Host GUI Program for protocol training.
Provided with Firmware Source for embedded programming training.
On board wound coil antenna with guard cover. It helps antenna design training.
USB port used for serial communication with PC.(9-pin serial port is not required)
ATMEL ATmega128 RISC type Microcontroller.
JTAG interface for embedded program downloading and debugging.
On board LCD display for observation of system operations.
On board Buzzer for indication of system status.
5 Test points for observation of RF and baseband signals.
Over 5 Tags can be simultanelosly detected depending on Tag size,
which has the same performance as the commercial system.
Variety of contents including basic theory, operation experiments, protocols
such as anticollision, application programming, etc. in textbook.
Easy learning of RFID commands and protocol through Host GUI program.
Learning and excuting the RFID application program by example projects such as
Gate Control System, Public Transport Card System.
Efficient learning of RFID hardware operations through testpoints.
item Specs Q’ty
Reader (VCD) 13.56MHz(ISO15693) 1 EA
Tag (VICC) Vicinity Card 5 EA
PC Interface USB2.0 Cable 1 EA
Power Adaptor DC 9V output 1 EA
J-TAG MCU (AVR) Programming 1 EA
Carrying bag 1EA
Program CD 1EA
5. Training contents
PART 1, RFID theory
Chapter 1, Introduction
Chapter 2, Hardware Configuration
Chapter 3, Software Comfiguration
Chapter 4, Installation of RFID-1356
PART 2, RFID Protocol Practice
Chapter 5, Command Practice
Chapter 6, Anti collision Practice
Chapter 7, Checksum Practice
PART 3 Embedded RFID System
Chapter 8, How to use of MCU
Chapter 9, Embedded practice of RFID
PART 4 Application Practice
Chapter 10, Gate Control System
Chapter 11, Public Transport Card System
- Operating Voltage : 9.0VDC ±5%
- Reader Status Monitor : 16*2 character LCD
- Transponder Type : Vicinity IC Card(13.56MHz)
- Reading Distance : 10 cm
- Anticollision Performance : over 3 Transponders
- Host Interface Type : USB-Virtual serial comm.
- Host Interface Baud Rate : 250 Kbps
- Operating Current(RF carrier ON) : 200mA(MAX)
- Operating Temperature : -25 to +70 °C
2) Hardware Devices
RFID Air Interface Section
- Operating frequency : 13.56MHz
- Proximity operating distance (~10 cm)
- Spported ISO15693
- Crypto1 and secure non-volatile internal key memory
- Parallel u-processor interface with internal address latch
- SPI comatible interface
- Automatic detection of parallel u-processor interface type
- Comfortable 64 byte send and receive FIFO-buffer
- Unique serial number
- User programmable start-up configuration
- 8Bit RISC microcontroller, TQFP
– Up to 16 MIPS Throughput at 16 MHz
– 128K Bytes of In-System Self-programmable Flash program memory
– 4K Bytes EEPROM
– 4K Bytes Internal SRAM
– Write/Erase cycles: 10,000 Flash/100,000 EEPROM
– In-System Programming by On-chip Boot Program
– Up to 64K Bytes Optional External Memory Space
– SPI Interface for In-System Programming
- JTAG (IEEE std. 1149.1 Compliant) Interface
– Boundary-scan Capabilities According to the JTAG Standard
– Extensive On-chip Debug Support
– Programming of Flash, EEPROM through the JTAG Interface
– Two 8-bit Timer/Counters
– Two Expanded 16-bit Timer/Counters
– Real Time Counter with Separate Oscillator
– Two 8-bit PWM Channels
– 6 PWM Channels with Programmable Resolution from 2 to 16 Bits
– Output Compare Modulator
– Dual Programmable Serial USARTs
– Master/Slave SPI Serial Interface
– 8-channel, 10-bit ADC
- USB to asynchronous serial data transfer interface
– New configurable CBUS I/O
– FIFO receive and transmit buffers for high data throughput
– Adjustable receive buffer timeout
– New CBUS bit bang mode option
– Device supplied preprogrammed with unique USB serial number
– Support for USB suspend and resume
- Integrated 3.3V level converter for USB I/O
– Integrated level converter on UART and CBUS
– True 5V / 3.3V / 2.8V / 1.8V CMOS drive output and TTL input
– High I/O pin output drive option
– Integrated USB resistors
– Integrated power-on-reset circuit
– Fully integrated clock - no external clock required
– UART signal inversion option
– USB bulk transfer mode
– Low operating and USB suspend current
– Low USB bandwidth consumption
– USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible
- Format : 16x2 characters
– LCD mode : STN / Negative/Transmissive /Blue
– Viewing direction : 6 o’clock
– Driving scheme : 1/16 Duty, 1/5 Bias
– Power supply voltage (VDD) : 5.0V
– LCD driving voltage : 4.2V (reference voltage)
– Backlight color : Side White
– Module size : 85.0mm(L)*30.0mm(W)*13.6 mm(H)max
– Viewing area : 65.00mm(L)*17.20mm(W)
- Character pitch : 3.65mm(L)*5.05mm(W)
– Character size : 2.95mm(L) *4.35mm(W)
– Dot pitch : 0.60mm(L)*0.55mm(W)
– Dot size : 0.55mm(L)*0.50mm(W)
- Supported Standard : ISO15693
- Operating Frequency : 13.56MHz
- Typ. Required Activation Field : 94 dBuA/m
Strength Read (at _25'C)
- Typ. Required Activation Field : 97 dBuA/m
Strength Write (at _25'C)
- Factory Programmed Read Only : 64bit
- Memory (user programmable) : over 1K bits
3) Software Programs
(1) GUI Program
- Support for 'PORT', 'CRC' menus
- Support for 'Select Commands' control
- Support for 'Set Flags' control
- Support for 'PACKET MONITOR' window
- Support for 'VICC INFOMATION' window
- Support for 'REQUEST!', 'CLEAR', 'LOG PACKETS' buttons
- ISO15693 commands selectable using 'Select Commands' control
- ISO15693 flags settable using 'Set Flags' control
- Packets observed through 'PACKET MONITOR' window
- Tag infomation observed through 'VICC INFOMATION' window
- Serial port selectable from COM1 to COM80 through PORT menu
(2) Application Programs
- Buzzer beep embedded programming application
- Support for APIs as object file for RFID embedded programming
- Program source for Gate Control System application
- Program source for Public Transport Card System application